Monday, March 2, 2009

Names and Measurements

Okay, so Gabe said a couple things that made me laugh, and I need to do a post for the week, so here goes.

I really love his logic as it relates to weights and measurements. Today, he stood on the bathroom scale, and said, "Look, Daddy, I'm not 3." And I explained that he was still three, but he weighs 40 pounds. Then I stood on the scale. He asked how much I weighed, and I told him, and he goes, "WHOA, we need to get you to the dentist!" I love his totally random logic.

Later, he asked me, out of the blue, "Daddy, what's my nickname?" I told him sometimes we call him Gabie or Bubba or Champ. He said he liked "Champ." Then he said, what's "Mark Hogan?" I told him that was his middle name, and he said, "That's my name when I'm getting a timeout."

3 comments:

  1. Too cute! I love that you write down the funny things Gabe says. Wish I had done more of that when Jill and Holly were little! Thanks for sharing! Love, Ruth

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad to see you added the "anonymous" option; now I can totally stalk you! (Just kidding!)Gabriel reminds me so much of you when you were that age. You used to say the funniest things. I'm so glad you & Sara take the time to record these things about your boys; you'll never regret it. I'm sure you remember many a time me saying "Daniel Mark", don't you?! LOL
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that he needs to get you to the dentist!
    love ya,
    Sandi

    ReplyDelete